Silk duvet care
How to care for your silk duvet.
Silksleep duvets are made using only the finest quality long-fibre mulberry silk. Because of this they are less susceptible to bacteria and the cleaning requirements are far less than those of a conventional duvet.
A few simple tips.
Taking a few simple steps to look after your silk-filled duvet will prolong its life and maintain its luxurious look and feel.
- Air about twice a year All the cleaning your silk duvet should need when used in conjunction with a duvet cover is to be aired for a few hours outside (out of direct sunlight) about twice a year. This allows the duvet to 'breathe' and helps the silk fibres that may have slightly compacted during use to rejuvenate.
- Spot clean only In the event of a spillage or stain, simply treat the area with a warm damp cloth and if required use a light detergent like Tenestar® or gentle soap to clean the soiled area.
- Professional clean only For larger stains we recommend a professional cleaner who understands silk. This is because silk fibre is susceptible to high heat and domestic washing machines could damage the fibres.
- Always use a duvet cover It may sound obvious but duvet covers are not only hygienic but will also protect your duvet from wear and tear. All our duvets are manufactured to standard U.K. sizes.
- Cot duvets We recommend the above care but if necessary can be machine washed at 30 C as required. We recommend Tenestar® washing agent or using a mild detergent followed by a cool tumble dry.
- Storage When not in use duvets and mattress toppers should be stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
Your sheets are simply amazing. Where have Silksleep been all my life?
Mrs Jane Sharp
Your products and service are simply amazing! Thank you so much.
Mrs Alison Parker